Saturday, February 13, 2010

Librarians Helping Canadian Genealogists Blog Named One of the Best!


I'm honoured and very excited that my blog has been named one of seven best Canadian Genealogy Blogs by Internet Genealogy Magazine. In her list in the Feb/Mar 2010 issue of the magazine Janice Nickerson, Upper Canada Genealogy writes:
This is a great place to catch up on your Canadian genealogy news. Elise Cole, the author of this very descriptively named blog, is both a librarian and a genealogist, so knows whereof she speaks! As one might expect from a librarian, many of her posts are announcements and reviews of genealogy-related books -- these are very much appreciated.
The other six are varied and a couple I'm glad to learn about in addition to the ones that I follow regularly:

Anglo-Celtic Connections
Olive Tree Genealogy Blog
Toronto 1861
Prairie History Blog (Regina Public Library)
The Global Gazette
Ancestry.ca Newsletter for Canadians (register your email with them to subscribe)

Two confessions I should make:

1. I really appreciate the alerts I receive from loved ones to items which may be useful to share on my blog!
2. I've bought copies - yes, copies, not copy (;-D) - of the magazine to keep in my portfolio and to share with others!!!!!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Congrats! :-)

8:59 pm  
Blogger Amy Coffin, MLIS said...

Congratulations! I'd buy many copies, too! Share it with the world.

12:52 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations, Elise! I purchased this issue on the bookshelf down in Indiana here, and thought this might be you!

1:11 pm  
Blogger Canadian Lib Genie (aka Elise) said...

Thanks for stopping by, Pascal, and mentioning that you have the article! So very cool.

Hugs to Mary and the kids!

1:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home